Here in Florida, the outdoor market season is starting to heat up since the weather is finally cooling down! Here are the top 5 reasons why you should get out to your closest local market this weekend:
- Get Healthy, Local Produce– We all know we’re supposed to eat our fruits & veggies, but who wants to eat a flavorless tomato? At outdoor markets, the produce comes from someone’s local farm or garden, so the fruits & veggies are picked at their peak freshness. You’ll get what’s in season and ready-to-eat. That tomato will taste wonderful and have the highest amount of nutrients possible. Usually, you’ll be talking to the farmer who planted, raised and picked it, too!
- Find Great Gift Ideas for Friends & Family– or Get Something Custom-Made! The holiday season is coming up, and it’s so hard to find the perfect gift for every friend or family member. Craft & retail shopkeepers at outdoor markets either make their own products by hand or work directly with artisans who do. If you have a quilt-loving friend, get a one-of-a-kind quilt made. Need that perfect picture for the spare bedroom? Have one done by a talented local photographer. Native Source works with artisans who love special requests and design challenges.
- Unwind From A Busy Week– What’s works better to get over a bad week in the office but going outside, soaking up a little vitamin D, enjoying live music, and watching the world go by? There’s always something interesting happening at the market.
- Free Samples– Have you ever tried a homemade pasta sauce made by an Italian grandmother? Or a hot sauce that makes your tongue tingle for a half-hour, it’s so fresh? Or cheese that is made right in your own town? It’s time to try it all!
- Put Money Back Into Your Local Community– All of the shopkeepers at a local outdoor market are just that- local! They are small business entrepreneurs with great ideas and great ambitions. The purchases that you make at a market go directly back into the community you live in. Every dollar that you spend at a market is making a difference and helping that business to grow!
Native Source will be at the following markets this weekend, so come out and have some fun with us. Look for our tent with the flowery border!
Sat 10/6- Fresh Market @ Shops at Wiregrass, 10a-3p
Sun 10/7- Fresh Market @ Hyde Park Village, 10a-2p
Sat 10/13- Ybor Saturday Morning Market, 9a-3p
Sun 10/14- Seminole Heights Fresh Market, 9a-2p
Also, here’s a great list of markets that you can check out in the Tampa area: